2016 Jaguar XF Review Reveals Beefed-Up Tech, Lightened-Up Body
For 2016, Jaguar unveils a sleek, curvy, sporty luxury sedan in the 2016 Jaguar XF. Reviews of this lithe new vehicle indicate that an exciting model is rolling off the assembly line for the Jaguar lover’s driving pleasure.
XF Lightens Up
One big change in the 2016 XF is its transition from all-steel construction to aluminum. The XF has shed major pounds with this change—132 pounds in the rear-wheel-drive XF model and a staggering 265 pounds in the all-wheel-drive XF.
And pounds are not the only thing the new XF model has eliminated. The 2016 XF lineup has additionally lightened its load when it comes to engines. The 2016 XF roster features just two engine choices this year: Two incarnations of the 3.0L supercharged V6. Each V6 version employs an 8-speed automatic transmission; one V6 features 340 hp and 332 lb-ft of torque, while the other V6 features 380 hp and 332 lb-ft of torque.
Four Trims to Choose From
The 2016 XF model includes four trims:
- XF Premium; base MSRP starts at $51,900 for the RWD model and $54,900 for the AWD model
- XF Prestige; base MSRP starts at $56,550 for the RWD model and $59,550 for the AWD model
- XF R-Sport; base MSRP starts at $60,650 for the RWD model and $63,650 for the AWD model
- XF S; base MSRP starts at $62,700 for the RWD model and $65,700 for the AWD model
Acceleration speeds for the AWD XF and RWD XF S are projected at 0-60 mph in 5.1 seconds, with the RWD XF following one-tenth behind them.
Plentiful Technology Offerings
While the XF has lightened up weight-wise, it has packed on the technology features for 2016. Smart, cutting-edge tech amenities provide a connected ride on the luxury side.
Technology offerings in the XF models include:
- All Surface Progress Control
- Heads-Up Display with laser technology
- Virtual Instrument Display
- Driver-assistance features
- Autonomous Emergency Braking system
- Meridian Sound System
Jaguar InControl Touch Pro also debuts in the new XF, replacing Jaguar’s former touchscreen interface. The new system has a 10.2-inch screen, 360-degree navigation destination view, quicker SSD map storage, a quad-core processor, and more Internet-based features. Critics hope the new system will provide faster responses over the old technology.
Time to Try Out the Jaguar XF
Visit Jaguar of Great Neck or contact us today to explore the 2016 Jaguar XF lineup in person and take your favorite model for a spin. Find out what sporty speed and luxury are all about.