Does the 2016 Porsche Cayman Horsepower Compare with a Jaguar?
Awesome power is a key component in any muscle car, and consumers in the market for a luxury sports car will wonder how the 2016 Porsche Cayman horsepower compares with its rivals. Does a competing model like the 2016 Jaguar F-TYPE, for instance, offer more power beneath the hood than the Cayman? Let’s find out.
Beneath the hood of the new Jaguar F-TYPE models are four engine options:
- 3.0L V6 engine that produces 340 hp
- 3.0L V6 engine that produces 380 hp
- 5.0L V8 engine that produces 550 hp
- 5.0L V8 engine that produces 575 hp
The Cayman models also offer four different, though significantly less powerful, engines:
- 2.7L 6-cylinder engine that generates 275 hp
- 3.4L 6-cylinder engine that generates 324 hp
- 3.4L 6-cylinder engine that generates 340 hp
- 3.8L 6-cylinder engine that generates 385 hp
As you can see, the F-TYPE models are the clear winners in terms of horsepower and muscle under the hood.
Other F-TYPE Performance Features
Each F-TYPE engine features a Roots-type twin-vortex supercharger that is mounted in the engine’s “V” to keep its dimensions compact. Both a 6-speed ZF manual transmission and an 8-speed “QuickShift” ZF automatic transmission are also offered.
The F-TYPE additionally features airflow technology and advanced aerodynamic performance integrated into the body of the vehicle for low levels of lift and exceptional stability even at breathtaking speeds.
Airflow is managed beneath the car by a front splitter underneath the grille and a rear valance. Lift is greatly reduced thanks to a deployable rear spoiler that automatically rises when the F-TYPE reaches certain speeds.
Flow along the car’s tanks is unimpeded thanks to deployable door handles that retract when they’re not needed.
Driver-assist technologies offered onboard the F-TYPE include:
- Available parking assist features, including front and rear parking aids with audible warnings and available Reverse Park Camera
- Available Blind Spot Monitor and Closing Vehicle Sensing
- Available Reverse Traffic Detection
Get Better Acquainted
Consumers can take a closer look at the exceptional 2017 Jaguar F-TYPE at Jaguar Great Neck. Visit our world-class showroom or contact us today to find out more about this impressive luxury sports car and to unleash its mighty horsepower on the open road.