2017 Jaguar XE vs. 2017 Audi A3
2017 Jaguar XE
2017 Audi A3
The 2017 Audi A3 might flirt with luxury, but the 2017 Jaguar XE defines it. That’s why driving purists from across Huntington and New York City accept nothing less when they’re looking for first-class power, comfort, and onboard features. The Jaguar pedigree speaks for itself.
Luxury vehicles should be as thrilling when you press down on the gas as they are deeply relaxing when you sink into the seats. The new Jaguar XE offers three sophisticated engines to ensure upper-level power, with options including:
- 2.0L Turbocharged Four-Cylinder: Makes up to 240 hp and 251 lb-ft of torque.
- 2.0L Turbodiesel Four-Cylinder: Capable of generating up to 180 hp alongside a heart-pumping 318 lb-ft of torque.
- 3.0L Supercharged V6: The XE’s six-cylinder can command up to 340 hp and 332 lb-ft of torque.
The 2017 Audi A3 offers a single four-cylinder:
- Sedan and cabriolet models both receive a 2.0 TFSI turbocharged four-cylinder for 220 hp.
That’s less horsepower than the Jaguar XE’s entry-level powerhouse. The underwhelming drive of the A3 quickly strips away any pretentions of this being a luxury nameplate.
When it comes down to it, nobody crafts an interior like Jaguar. The 2017 Jaguar XE is an exceptional example of the company’s legendary fusion of grace and excitement. Slip inside to find a unique stepped dashboard that sweeps away from the cockpit to deliver an elegant sense of openness. At the same time, the starter button will start to pulse red; pressing it causes the engine purr to life and the rotary gear selector to rise up from the center console.
Simply activating the Jaguar XE’s engine is more stimulating than taking the A3 out for a spin, but there’s practicality to back up that refinement. The wheelbase was extended over its predecessor’s for added legroom, and the immense 15.9-cubic-foot trunk can be accessed via a 40/20/40-split folding rear seat — that small middle folding section means that you can easily slip in a few sets of skis while still carrying four occupants.
The 2017 Jaguar XE’s supremely upscale interior forms the command center for a vast selection of high-end technologies. Here are just a few of the amenities of which you’ll be able to take advantage:
- Head-Up Display: The laser Head-Up Display (HUD) projects essential information — including your speed, navigational directions, and cruise control notifications — right onto your windshield.
- Meridian Audio: This state-of-the-art 825-watt surround sound system delivers concert-level audio through 17 speakers, with advanced signal processing technology delivering exceptional sound reproduction.
- Surround System Camera: Five cameras positioned around the vehicle combine to create a 360-degree bird’s-eye view of the surrounding area, making low-speed maneuvering feel effortless.
Unfortunately, you won’t find any of these features gracing the underequipped 2017 Audi A3.
The 2017 Jaguar XE Outclasses the 2017 Audi A3
The 2017 Audi A3 — with its paltry engine, unengaging interior, and lack of cutting-edge technologies — can only really play with the idea of being a luxury vehicle. If you want the genuine article, come to Jaguar of Great Neck to drive the new 2017 Jaguar XE.