The 2017 Jaguar XE vs the 2017 Lexus ES 350
2017 Jaguar XE
2017 Lexus ES 350
Huntington and New York City drivers will find that the 2017 Jaguar XE is a class apart from the 2017 Lexus ES 350. Whether you’re looking for power beneath the hood or a well-equipped interior, the 2017 Jaguar XE roundly outperforms the ES 350. Here’s a quick overview of how they match up.
Power and Efficiency
The 2017 Jaguar XE is a born performer, offering Huntington and New York City drivers a superior ride across three available engines:
- 2.0L 4-Cylinder Turbo: Made from lightweight aluminum, the standard turbo four is able to harness up to 240-hp and 251 lb.-ft. of torque.
- 2.0L 4-Cylinder Turbocharged Diesel: This diesel powerhouse possesses an output of up to 180-hp and a stunning 318 lb.-ft. of torque.
- 3.0L Supercharged V6: A roots-style twin vortex supercharger is able to generate up to 340-hp and 332 lb.-ft. of torque.
The 2017 Lexus ES 350 offers only a single engine across all trim levels. With 268-hp and 248 lb.-ft. of torque on tap, the 3.5L V6 fails to keep pace with the upper-level engine in the 2017 Jaguar XE by quite a distance. It won’t even make up for that deficit with superior efficiency scores. Thanks to its available diesel engine, the 2017 Jaguar XE is able to make up to an incredible 32 mpg in the city and 42 on the highway*. The Lexus ES 350 peaks at just 21 mpg in the city and 31 mpg on the highway.
Comfort and Convenience Technologies
Lexus is only an upmarket off-shoot of Toyota. They might offer a strong range of entry-level premium models, but Lexus vehicles are never going to compare to those that are crafted by an unflinchingly upper-class manufacturer like Jaguar.
That becomes immediately obvious upon comparing the comfort and convenience features of the Lexus ES 350 to those of the 2017 Jaguar XE. While the former mostly works from the finer features of the Toyota line, the latter is able to forge ahead with cutting-edge technologies.
Here are just a few of the features offered by the 2017 Jaguar XE that can’t come with any trim level of the ES 350:
- InControl Wi-Fi: With the ES 350, you’ll need to trust your smartphone for a connection to the internet. The 2017 Jaguar XE uses its high-strength antenna to become a moving 3G hotspot with reliably fast internet connection.
- Surround-View Parking Camera: Like the ES 350, the 2017 Jaguar XE offers a rearview camera. Unlike the ES 350, it goes one step further by offering 360-degree views from a surround-view monitor.
- Park Assist: The ES 350’s parking sensors make parking a little easier; the 2017 Jaguar XE can actually control its own steering to slip you in and out of tight spaces.
The 2017 Lexus ES 350 Fails to Come Close to the 2017 Jaguar XE
In terms of power, efficiency, and technology, the 2017 Jaguar XE is able to pull significantly ahead of the 2017 Lexus ES 350. To find out more, just visit Jaguar Great Neck today.