The 2017 Jaguar XE vs the 2017 Mercedes-Benz C300
2017 Jaguar XE
2017 Mercedes-Benz C300
Few vehicles fight it out so fiercely for the attention of Huntington and New York City drivers like the 2017 Jaguar XE and the 2017 Mercedes-Benz C300. Mercedes and Jaguar represent the high-end of premium automotive engineering, so it makes sense that these two models would end up pitted against each other. Read on to find out which model comes out ahead.
Power and Efficiency
The 2017 Jaguar XE allows Huntington and New York City drivers to set their own blend of power and efficiency by offering three available engines:
- 2.0L 4-Cylinder Turbo: Makes up to 240-hp and 251 lb.-ft. of torque.
- 2.0L 4-Cylinder Turbocharged Diesel: Makes up to 180-hp and a stunning 318 lb.-ft. of torque.
- 3.0L Supercharged V6: Makes up to 340-hp and 332 lb.-ft. of torque.
Additionally, the outstanding Configurable Dynamics system lets you fine-tune the engine, steering, gearshift, and suspension characteristics of the vehicle to suit your current driving style.
The 2017 Mercedes-Benz C300 lacks that feature, and it only offers one engine. The 241-hp, 273 lb.-ft. of torque is only minutely more powerful than the standard engine in the 2017 Jaguar XE, and mileage peaks at 24 mpg in the city and 34 on the highway. Thanks to the available diesel engine for the 2017 Jaguar XE, you can make up to a far more impressive 32 mpg in the city and 42 mpg on the highway with the Jaguar*.
Interior and Features
The 2017 Jaguar XE offers a spacious and indulgently-fitted cabin that offers both more room and a stronger set of features than you’ll be able to enjoy with the 2017 Mercedes-Benz C300.
With up to 15.9 cubic feet in the trunk vs a meagre 12.6 with the C300, you’ll find more room for all of your belongings. You’ll also be able to take advantage of the following onboard systems, none of which are available with the Mercedes-Benz C300:
- Meridian Sound System: This 825-watt surround sound system delivers state of the art audio through 17 top of the line speakers, immersing you in concert-level sound. Even the C300’s 590-watt, 13-speaker Burmester system can’t come close to equaling it.
- Driver Condition Monitor (DCM): This innovative safety feature will analyze driving inputs to detect lapses in concentration due to fatigue. If it senses that you are losing focus, a break suggestion will be offered along with a slight shake of the steering wheel.
- Optional Traffic Sign Recognition: A forward-facing camera detects speed limit and no passing signs. This information is then displayed on your instrument panel. The Intelligent Speed Limiter system then uses the information, alongside navigation system support, to help keep you under the appropriate speed limit.
The 2017 Jaguar XE is an Unrivalled Premium Sedan
The 2017 Mercedes-Benz C300 is an exquisite vehicle, but it still can’t match the performance and technology of a front-runner like the 2017 Jaguar XE. To experience the 2017 Jaguar XE first-hand, just pay a visit to Jaguar Great Neck today.