2016 Jaguar XJ vs. 2016 Audi A8
2016 Jaguar XJ
2016 Audi A8
The 2016 Jaguar XJ has arrived for Great Neck, Long Island, and New York City drivers, and we can’t wait to put you behind the wheel. The combination of luxury and power that drivers expect from a Jaguar is amplified under the XJ, one of the sleekest sedans ever to grace the showroom here at Jaguar Great Neck. From tip to tail, the XJ represents the powerful sedans that have come to define the Jaguar brand, and we can think of no better way to show that off than to compare it to a top competitor.
The 2016 Audi A8 might look like it fits into the same class as the 2016 Jaguar XJ, but the fact is that we’ve yet to find a car that really goes head-to-head with the Jaguar. Let’s take a look at power, features, and pricing so you can see what we mean.
Under the Hood
While luxury cars like the 2016 Jaguar XJ and the 2016 Audi A8 have plenty to offer in the way of amenities and comfort features, one of their most important elements lies under the hood. And when it comes to power, it’s tough to beat a prowler like the Jaguar.
- The 3.0L supercharged V6 that comes standard on the XJ kicks out 340 hp and 332 lb-ft of torque with your choice of rear- or all-wheel drive.
- The available supercharged 5.0L V8 engine brings 470 hp and 424 lb-ft of torque, rising to 550 hp and 502 lb-ft of torque on the XJR.
The Audi has three main engines available, but each lags behind the Jaguar:
- Audi’s 3.0L supercharged engine delivers 333 hp and 325 lb-ft of torque.
- The turbocharged 4.0L V8 ups the power to 435 hp and 444 lb-ft of torque.
- The range-topping W12 engine generates only 500 hp and 463 lb-ft of torque.
While that 4.0L V8 does bring a bit more torque than the supercharged 5.0L V8 of the Jaguar, it doesn’t make up for that substantial difference in power.
While it may be the power and precision engineering that pulls drivers to the Jaguar lineup, the 2016 Jaguar XJ reviews make it clear that many stick with the Jaguar brand due to its unparalleled sense of class and luxury. While the Audi and Jaguar have many amenities drivers would expect out of a luxury sedan, the 2016 Jaguar XJ features include many that are unavailable or require an upgrade on the Audi, such as:
- Adaptive self-leveling suspension
- Steering wheel–mounted paddle shifters
- Panoramic sunroof
- 14-speaker Meridian stereo system
This is in addition to luxury standards like power-adjustable heated front seating and a leather-trimmed interior. As if that’s not enough, the 2016 Jaguar XJ is more affordable, priced starting at $74,400 (MSRP) to the Audi’s $81,500.
Test Drive a Jaguar
We think the only true way to understand a Jaguar is to get behind the wheel. See what the 2016 Jaguar XJ has to offer over the 2016 Audi A8 by getting behind the wheel at Jaguar Great Neck. Contact us now to schedule a test drive.