The 2016 Jaguar XJR vs. the 2016 Audi A8 L W12
2016 Jaguar XJR
2016 Audi A8 L W12
The 2016 Jaguar XJR is available now at Jaguar Great Neck for our drivers in Great Neck, Huntington, and New York City. Synonymous with luxury, refinement, and power, the 2017 Jaguar XJR exceeds all expectations and is the epitome of style on our showroom floor. But how does it stack up against the competition? Let’s take a look at some of the features, performance, and technology in the Jaguar XJR and compare it to another sleek and stylish luxury sedan: the 2016 Audi A8 L W12.
Power and Performance
When it comes to power and performance, the 2016 Jaguar XJR has all that and more. Virile and strong, the engine under the hood of the 2016 Jaguar XJR makes it one of the most powerful luxury sedans on the road. But it doesn’t stop there. Add a dignified drivetrain and design elements that have been specially crafted to deliver agile and graceful handling, and the competition pales in comparison. Let’s take a closer look.
- The 2016 Jaguar XJR: The awe-inspiring performance is delivered by a 5.0L V8 engine that will produce up to 550 hp and has a top speed of 174 mph.
- 2016 Audi A8 L W12: In contrast, this top-of-the-line trim in the Audi A8 lineup is powered by a 6.3L engine that only produces up to 500 hp and has a top speed of just 130 mph.
Spacious and elegant inside, the Jaguar XJR has a long list of features and technology that add to the luxurious and comfortable experience of the ride. Some of the features that you’ll find only as options in the Audi but that come as standard equipment in the Jaguar XJR include:
- Adaptive self-leveling suspension
- Panoramic sunroof
- Steering wheel–mounted paddle shifters
- Power-adjustable heated front seats
- Leather-trimmed interior
There are more features to note on the 2016 Jaguar XJR, including:
- Active differential and adaptive dynamics helps limit the slip between the rear wheels, giving outstanding stability and traction no matter the conditions.
- Four-zone automatic climate control: No matter where you are sitting in the Jaguar, set the climate to what is most comfortable to you.
- InControl Touch Pro Infotainment system: A multi-touch interface to provide entertainment, GPS guidance, remote vehicle status, and more.
- InControl Remote: Check fuel levels, lock and unlock, and remotely pre-heat or cool the car by starting your engine—all from your smartphone.
- Traffic sign recognition: This feature scans the road for traffic signs and alerts you through the instrument cluster.
- Intelligent start/stop technology: When you come to a stop, the Jaguar turns off the engine to save energy. When you take your foot of the brake, the Jaguar quickly starts back to life.
A more powerful engine, more refined handling, more features inside, and, when it comes to price, the 2016 Jaguar XJR is again the clear winner over the Audi. The Jaguar XJR starts at $118,000 MSRP, while the Audi A8 L W12 starts at $137,900.
Test Drive the Jaguar Today
Visit us at Jaguar Great Neck to see all the power, features, and amenities that the 2016 Jaguar XJR has to offer, and take one for a test drive today.